Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Preview of things to come...

This week, I am spending time in Buriram, Thailand working at an orphanage. We have been cleaning, painting, playing with the kids...it has all been an amazing experience.

Because the people who run the orphanage are Thai, they have been making some delicious, classic Thai fare for us to enjoy. The first night was Pad Thai (of course), last night was fried chicken and vegetables with pineapple for dessert, and tonight (drum roll please) will be red curry! I LOVE Thai curries and I am more than elated that I will be able to help prepare this dish with a wonderful Thai cook.

So, if you haven't already guessed, my blog posts when I return to Tokyo will be filled with Thai recipes that I have picked up during my time here. I can't wait to get cooking and blogging!

No comments: